It's that time of year when The University of Cumbria's very own Typographer Royal™, H.R.H. Rhiannon Robinson, spends a lot of quality time with our first year students.
Rhiannon was crowned Typographer Royal™ by our very own queen, H.R.H Elizabeth II, in an elaborate ceremony, held in Typographers Hall (City of London) in June 1990. The position ofTypographer Royal™ is not to be underestimated and Rhiannon takes her official duties very seriously.Her role behooves her to undertake the following:
- Banish poor letter spacing, leading and tracking from all four corners of the kingdom
- Seek out and destroy all 'widows' and 'orphans' in documents near and far
- Challenge all developers of Microsoft Word Art to single, mortal combat
- Round-up, imprison in Newgate and finally hang by the neck until dead, all look-alike, generic fonts and that evil malefactor, known to the wider population as 'Comic Sans'
- Teach kick-arse typography skills to students of The University of Cumbria
We design on paper first and then make it look sexy on the Mac.
Check back in a week or so to see the finished work...